Administrator email alerts
Some alerts are limited or unavailable if you’re using an external SSO ldP.
As your organization's administrator, you can receive email alerts when something important happens in your organization, such as a suspicious sign-in attempt, a compromised mobile device, or when another administrator changes settings. When you turn on an alert for an activity, you'll receive an email each time that activity happens, up to 25 emails in 2 hours.
Tip: If you’re using a personal account, learn how to manage your account security alerts.
Turn alerts on and off
From the Admin console dashboard, go to Reports.
To see Reports, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- In the left pane, click Manage Alerts.
If you have custom alerts, they'll appear at the bottom of the list.
- In the Status column on the right, turn the switch on to receive an alert, or turn off to stop receiving the alert.
- (Optional) Click the Email recipients column to edit alert recipients by email address. You can also check or uncheck Super Administrator(s) to start or stop alerts for users who are super administrators.
Types of email alertsUser activity alerts
- Calendar settings changed (G Suite only)
- Drive settings changed (G Suite only)
- Gmail settings changed (G Suite only)
- Mobile settings changed (any mobile management settings are changed)
You can create the following custom alerts based on your organization’s audit logs.
- Admin audit
- Calendar audit (G Suite only)
- Drive audit (G Suite only) This feature is available with G Suite Business, Education, and Enterprise editions. Compare editions
- Google+ audit (G Suite only)
- Login audit
- Mobile audit (G Suite only) This feature is available with G Suite Business and Enterprise editions. Compare editions
- Tokens audit