Administrator email alerts
Some alerts are limited or unavailable if you’re using an external SSO ldP.
As your organization's administrator, you can receive email alerts when something important happens in your organization, such as a suspicious sign-in attempt, a compromised mobile device, or when another administrator changes settings. When you turn on an alert for an activity, you'll receive an email each time that activity happens, up to 25 emails in 2 hours.
Tip: If you’re using a personal account, you can see devices that have used your account.
Turn alerts on and off
From the Admin console Home page, go to Reports.
To see Reports, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- In the left pane, click Manage Alerts.
If you have custom alerts, they'll appear at the bottom of the list.
- In the Status column on the right, turn the switch on to receive an alert, or turn off to stop receiving the alert.
- (Optional) Click the Email recipients column to edit alert recipients by email address. You can also check or uncheck Super Administrator(s) to start or stop alerts for users who are super administrators.
Types of email alertsUser activity alerts
- Apps outage alert—new, updated, or resolved outage on the G Suite Status Dashboard (G Suite only)
- New user added
- Government-based attack
- Suspended user made active
- Suspicious login activity
- User deleted
- User granted Admin privilege
- User suspended
- User’s Admin privilege revoked
- User’s password changed
- Calendar settings changed (G Suite only)
- Drive settings changed (G Suite only)
- Gmail settings changed (G Suite only)
- Mobile settings changed (any mobile management settings are changed)
You can create the following custom alerts based on your organization’s audit logs.
- Admin audit
- Calendar audit (G Suite only)
- Drive audit (G Suite only) This feature is available with G Suite Business, Education, Enterprise, and Drive Enterprise editions. Compare editions
- Google+ audit (G Suite only)
- Login audit
- Mobile audit (G Suite only) This feature is available with G Suite Business and Enterprise editions, or Drive Enterprise edition. Compare editions
- Tokens audit