The device requirements for Google endpoint management vary by feature. Unless noted, devices that don’t meet the minimum requirements can't synchronize work data.
To avoid sync issues, we recommend that each user have no more than 5 active managed Android devices and no more than 25 active managed devices total.
Basic mobile management
- Android 2.2 Froyo and later with the latest version of the Google Play services app. To enforce screen-lock requirements, Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and earlier devices need the Google Apps Device Policy app.
- Apple iOS 8 and later or iPadOS 13.1 and later, with an Apple ID and Safari enabled. Earlier devices can sync work data, but screen-lock requirements aren't enforced.
Advanced mobile management
- Android 2.2 and later. For devices with work profiles, Android 5.0 Lollipop and later. For user-owned devices that the user sets up as owned by the organization, Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later.
- iOS 12.0 and later or iPadOS 13.1 and later, with an Apple ID and Safari enabled
- Android 5.0 Lollipop and later devices with a work profile
- Android 2.2 to 4.4.4 KitKat devices without a work profile
- iOS 12.0 and later or iPadOS 13.1 and later
- Android 5.0 and later (supported on most devices—to confirm, contact the device manufacturer)
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later
- iOS 12.0 and later
- Devices running Chrome OS
Enhanced desktop security for Windows
- Windows 10 Pro, Pro for Workstations, Enterprise, or Education, version 1803 or later with Microsoft support. For details, see the Windows release documentation.
- For Google Credential Provider for Windows (GCPW), Chrome Browser 81 or later.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.