View assigned mobile devices
If you have the legacy free edition of G Suite, upgrade to G Suite Basic to get this feature.
As an administrator, you can see a list of mobile devices that are assigned to a user. You can see details about each device including the device type and model, the last time it synchronized corporate data, and the name of the user who accesses data on it. From the list, you can do things like block a device from syncing corporate data, wipe data from a lost device, and more.
Open the devices list
From the Admin console Home page, go to Device management.
To see Device management, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- Click Mobile devices to see your managed devices.
- (Optional) To see more information about a specific device, click the device name.
For details, see View mobile device details.
What you see in the list
- User’s personal devices that are syncing your organization’s data.
- Company-owned devices that are assigned to users. (To see devices that are not assigned to users, at the bottom of the screen, click View unassigned devices.)
- Devices that tried to access a user account from your organization, but were blocked either by an admin or automatically, because the device doesn’t adhere to your organization’s policies.
- Some unmanaged devices that you allow to sync corporate data. For example, devices that use Google Sync, Android devices that are registered with the Device Policy app, and devices you previously managed.
Some devices could be listed more than once. For example, if a phone is shared between 2 users, it’s listed twice—once for each user account.
Data about devices
|Device name||Name associated with the user’s device (for example, Andrew’s Pixel).|
|Name||Name of the user who syncs corporate data on the device.|
|Email address of the user who syncs corporate data on the device.|
|OS||Device’s operating system, for example, Android 7.1. Not available if you use basic management.|
|Last sync||Number of days since the device last synced with Google Mobile Management. This day differs depending on the device type:
|Status||Management status of the device. For example, approved, blocked, account wiped.|
|Type||Device type. For example, Android, iOS.|
|Model||Device model. For example, Nexus 9. Might not be specific if you use basic management.|
|First sync||Number of days since the device first synced corporate data.|
In the Admin console, click a column heading to sort devices by that column. To change the columns you see or to reorder them, click Manage columns .
Note: If you use basic management, it can take up to 3 days for information about new devices to appear.
You can search for a device from the devices list. In the top right, enter a search term in the search bar and click Search . For example, to search for a specific type of device, enter the model.
If you want to see more information about a specific device, click the device name. For details, see View mobile device details.
- Enter each search term as a single word with no spaces. Or, enter several words in quotes (with spaces between the words) for exact phrases.
- Searches are not case-sensitive.
- When you search for words and phrases, all fields are searched.
- To search a specific field, use filters. For details, see Filter the devices list (below). You can also enter a search operator followed by an argument, for example, user:admin. For details about search operators, see Use search operators to find devices.
- The system treats punctuation marks and symbols as white space. For example, searching for email@example.com is the same as searching for "admin yourdomain com".
- From the devices list, under the Devices heading, click Add a filter.
- Take one of the following approaches:
- Select a category to filter the list by (such as Model or Apps) select an option or enter the filter text click Apply.
- Start typing characters for the filter you want to use (such as a username, device model, or app) select the filter you want.
- (Optional) To see more information about a specific device, click the device.
For details, see View mobile device details.
Note: The Company-owned filter under Ownership lists all devices that are in device owner mode (a management mode that gives your organization full control of the device). The list includes devices that your company owns and personal devices where the user has assigned ownership to your company. To only see devices your company owns, view your company-owned device inventory.
Download a list of devices
You can download a list of your organization’s mobile devices to a CSV file. It lists all device details, including Device Name, Email, Last Sync, and so on. If you have a lot of mobile devices in your organization, downloading data can be slow.
To download your device list, at the top of the screen, click Download .