Delete a group
As an administrator, you can delete any group in your domain that you don't need anymore. If the Groups for Business service is on, you can also delete groups that users created.
You can delete a group from your Admin console or the group's page in your Groups for Business service.Permanently delete a group from the Admin console
When you delete a group from your Admin console, the deletion is permanent and the group cannot be restored.
- Access your Groups for Business service at at groups.your-domain.com and select the group you want to delete.
- Click Manage at the top right of the screen.
- On the left pane, select Information > Advanced.
- Click Delete this group.
- Click Delete group to confirm.
- Messages sent to the group's address are not delivered. Instead, the sender receives a bounce message.
- The user accounts of its members are not deleted.