Add an address for a group
You can create alternate email addresses for your groups, called email aliases, in the Admin console.
For example, if your organization has the group firstname.lastname@example.org, you can add email@example.com as an alias for the group to make sure questions from customers reach the right place. If your Google account includes more than one domain, you can add an alias that has a different domain from the original group.
- Like user email aliases, each group can have up to 30 aliases.
- You can’t add an alias using the Groups for Business interface. An administrator can add an alias in the Admin console by selecting the group, and then choosing Add an alias.
- You can't search for a group by its alias at this time.
To add an alias to a group:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Groups. Where is it?
- Select the group you want to add an alias to.
- Click Aliases.
- Click Add an alias.
- Specify an alias in the text field. If your Google account includes more than one domain, select a domain from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save changes.
Within 24 hours or less, the group will begin to receive email sent to this address. The new address might not be visible in the group alias list until then.
Want to remove an alias? Just click Remove next to the alias you want to remove.