Enable form of payment to lift billing suspension
If your paid subscription has been suspended for payment failure at the beginning of the month, you will need to update your payment information.
How to reactivate your subscription
In order to reactivate your subscription, you need to enable a primary form of payment for automatic charging. We will attempt to automatically charge it for your outstanding balance, and will automatically reactivate your services if the charge is successful.
To update your form of payment:
- Access your Admin console.
- Select Billing > Access billing account ($ icon) > Billing settings.
- To continue using your primary form of payment, select Re-enable form or payment. See Re-enabling a form of payment for additional details.
- If your form of payment is expired, select Edit to update the expiration date.
- To add a new form of payment, select Add new form of payment and select the box Make this my selection for future payments to choose this as your primary form of payment for automatic charging.
- Temporary re-activation: You can temporarily re-activate your domain for 48 hours upon entering your Admin console. If your form of payment is not updated within 48 hours, the suspension will be reinstated, and you will not have the option to temporarily re-activate again.
- Delays: There may be automatic charging and reactivation delays of up to a few minutes after you update your payment information.
How to prevent getting suspended
You can take steps to prevent a billing-related suspension. In addition to enabling a valid primary form of payment and ensuring no outstanding charges exist for your domain, the following measures can be taken:
- After you enable a primary form of payment for automatic charging, you can use the Make a payment feature to put credit on your account to cover the remainder of your subscription and prevent future suspensions. See Making a payment with the Make a Payment feature for detailed instructions.
- We recommend you add a backup credit/debit card and assign it for automatic charging. We will attempt to automatically charge this if your primary form of payment fails at the beginning of the month.
- We also recommend that you verify your email address, or you will not receive important billing notifications, such as credit card declines.