Credit or debit card payment declined
If you're not sure of the cause of the decline, ask your credit card company.Common reasons for charges declined due to credit card limits
Your credit card limit was reached (insufficient funds):
- Check your credit limit. You may have reached your daily or total credit card limit on the day we tried to charge your card. If this is the case, ask your credit card company to increase your limit.
- You can also visit your Forms of payment page to add a card with a higher limit and assign it to be your primary form of payment on the Settings tab.
If neither of these solutions is possible, please contact us for help. To prevent service interruption in the future, try to make sure that your credit card has enough available credit to cover your monthly advertising budget.
The charge exceeded the maximum amount allowed for a single charge:
- Check the maximum amount your card can be charged at a single time. If the declined charge in your account is higher than this amount, try asking your credit card company to increase the limit.
- You can also enter a new credit card with a higher limit.
- Check how many times your card can be charged in given time period. If you've reached this amount, you can make a payment with a different form of payment.
- You can also talk to your bank about increasing this limit or wait until your card can be charged again.
If neither of these solutions is feasible, contact us and we'll work with you to find a solution.
Your card reached the maximum number of charges allowed in a period:
Your card doesn't accept charges from an online source:
Make sure your card allows online transactions. If it doesn't, talk to your credit card company about allowing these charges. Or, use a different card as your primary form of payment.
Your card doesn't allow automated billing:
Ask your credit card company whether they allow automated billing, or whether they can occasionally call to verify a charge. If they won't, use a different card as your primary form of payment.
Your card doesn't allow international transactions:
Make sure that your card can accept international charges. If it doesn't, use a different card as your primary form of payment.
Visit your Forms of Payment page to make sure that you entered your credit card information correctly. Below are some common issues to look for. If one of these apply to you, learn how to update your billing information.
Incorrect expiration date:
Review the expiration date on your credit card. If your card expired, add an up-to-date credit card to your account, and assign it to be your primary form of payment.
Incorrect credit card number:
Make sure that the credit card number is correct and up-to-date.
Incorrect billing address and phone number:
Make sure that the telephone number and billing address you gave for your credit card match those that your credit card company has. Either edit the credit card details on your Forms of Payment page, or contact your credit card company to change the address and phone number associated with your card.
If your credit or debit card payment is declined, we may suspend all your service until we receive a payment. Learn how to pay your outstanding balance.
And if it still doesn't work? If you still can't make a payment successfully, contact your credit card company or bank to ask for details about the declined transaction or for an increased credit limit.