How to earn money from your videos
The YouTube Partner Program lets creators monetize their content on YouTube. Creators can earn money from advertisements served on their videos and from YouTube Premium subscribers watching their content.
You must complete the 4 steps below before you can earn money from your videos. Learn about eligibility and the program threshold.
Set up your channel to earn money
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top right, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Under "Monetization," click Enable.
- Follow the on-screen steps to accept the YouTube Partner Program Terms.
Create a new AdSense account or connect an existing one to your channel. You need an AdSense account to earn money from your videos and get paid. Follow these steps to set up an AdSense account.
Set what types of ads you want to run on your videos and automatically turn on monetization for all your existing and future videos.
When you set this up, you will start earning money as soon as your channel is approved.
- Confirm you want to monetize for all your existing and future videos.
- Check the boxes under Ads formats to choose the types of ads you want to show.
- Click Save.
You can always change these setting in your monetization default so that every upload is automatically monetized or not monetized, or choose the specific videos you want to monetize.
Once your channel meets the program threshold, we'll review your application to make sure your channel activity adheres to the YouTube Partner Program policies, YouTube Terms of Service, and our Community Guidelines. We'll let you know as soon as the process is complete.
This view count threshold gives us enough information to determine the validity of a channel. It also allows us to confirm if a channel is following our community guidelines and advertiser policies.