How to earn money from your videos
You must complete the four steps below before you can earn money from your videos.
Set up your channel to earn moneyStep 1: Read and agree to the YouTube Partner Programme terms
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- In the top right, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left-hand menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Under "Monetisation", click Enable.
- Follow the on-screen steps to accept the YouTube Partner Programme Terms.
Create a new AdSense account or connect an existing one to your channel. You need an AdSense account to earn money from your videos and get paid. Follow these steps to set up an AdSense account.
Set what types of ads you want to run on your videos and automatically turn on monetisation for all your existing and future videos.
When you set this up, you will start earning money as soon as your channel is approved.
- Confirm that you want to monetise for all your existing and future videos.
- Tick the boxes under Ads formats to choose the types of ads that you want to show.
- Click Save.
You can always change these setting in your monetisation default so that every upload is automatically monetised or not monetised, or choose the specific videos that you want to monetise.
Once your channel has 10,000 views, we'll review your application to make sure that your channel activity adheres to the YouTube Partner Programme policies, YouTube Terms of Service and our Community Guidelines. We'll let you know as soon as the process is complete.
This view count threshold gives us enough information to determine the validity of a channel. It also allows us to confirm if a channel is following our community guidelines and advertiser policies.