Monetize your videos
If you're in the YouTube Partner Program, you can monetize videos on your channel and earn money from the revenue.
Set up your channel to earn money
Before you get started: Use our YouTube Partner Program overview to make sure your channel is eligible and learn how to opt in.Step 1: Enable your channel for monetization
To check your channel's eligibility and opt in for monetization:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- In the top right, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Under "Monetization," click Enable. You'll only see this option if your account hasn't been disabled for monetization.
- Follow the on-screen steps to accept the YouTube monetization agreement.
If your account isn't eligible for monetization, you wont' be able to turn it on. Learn what to do if monetization is disabled.
In order to earn money from your monetized videos, see your earnings in YouTube Analytics, and be paid once you reach the payment threshold, you need to associate an approved AdSense account with your YouTube account. You can use a new or existing AdSense account.
Follow the steps to connect your channel to an AdSense account.
After you've opted your channel in for monetization and set up your AdSense account, you can enable eligible videos to earn money from relevant ads.
Follow these steps to monetize one video or more than one video:
- One video: Follow these steps to enable ads on the video you want to monetize.
- More than one video: Follow these steps to monetize multiple videos at once.