YouTube Partner Program overview
The YouTube Partner Program lets creators monetize content on YouTube in many ways, including advertisements, paid subscriptions, and merchandise.
Benefits of the YouTube Partner Program
- Expand your earning potential: YouTube is the largest online video community in the world, enabling you to reach a global audience with your monetized content.
- Gain flexibility through a non-exclusive agreement: YouTube doesn't restrict where partners can upload and distribute content, so you can monetize your content on YouTube and other platforms.
- Track and manage your performance: Use YouTube Analytics to get reports to help you track your YouTube performance and earnings and gain insights that can help you improve.
Eligibility criteria and sign up
Check to see if your YouTube channel meets the YouTube Partner Program criteria, and then follow the steps to become a partner:
- The program is available in your country.
- You upload original, quality content that is advertiser-friendly.
- Your video content complies with our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
- You've reviewed our copyright education materials.
Note: You may not be able to monetize videos that use any of the following without the explicit permission of the person who created or produced all material:
- Songs or pieces of music that aren't eligible for revenue sharing
- Music (including cover songs, lyrics, and background music)
- Graphics and pictures (including photographs and artwork)
- Movie or TV visuals
- Video game or software visuals. Learn more about monetizing this type of content.
- Live performances (including concerts, sporting events, and shows)