Create & manage playlists
A playlist is a collection of videos. Anybody can make playlists and share them. Want to put together an epic gym mix or your favorite soccer goals? How about sharing the best cooking videos with your best friend? Playlists are for you.
You can go to the Library tab to view all of your playlists.
Create a playlist
You can either start a playlist with a video, or from the Library tab.
With a video:
- Find a video you want in your playlist.
- Tap Save below the video to automatically save it to the last playlist you’ve saved to, or to your Watch Later playlist. A message will pop up at the bottom of your screen confirming which playlist the video was added to.
- To change where your video is saved, tap Change on the pop up. Select from the list of your playlists where your video should be saved.
From the Library tab:
- Go to the Library tab.
- Tap NEW PLAYLIST in the “Playlists” section.
- Select one or more videos from your recent watch history to add to the playlist.
- Tap NEXT.
- Give your playlist a title and set its privacy.
- Tap CREATE.
- Start with a video you want in the playlist
- Under the video, tap Add to Playlist .
- Tap Create new playlist .
- Enter a playlist name.
- Use the drop down box to select your playlist's privacy setting. If it's private, people cant' find it when they search YouTube.
To get to your new playlist, tap Account . You'll see all of your playlists listed.
Delete a playlist
- Go to the Library tab .
- Tap the playlist you want to delete under the “Library" section.
- Tap More on the playlist.
- Tap Delete playlist.
- Tap OK.
After you delete a playlist, the playlist URL and title will no longer be visible or searchable in YouTube Analytics. Data associated with the playlist, such as Watch time, will still be part of broader reports, but won't be attributed to the deleted playlist.