If you’re not in one of the available countries/regions, there are no changes to the YouTube Partner Program for you. You can view this article for the YPP overview, eligibility, and application instructions relevant to you.
Check your eligibility for the expanded YouTube Partner Program. If you’re not eligible yet, select Get notified in the Earn area of YouTube Studio. We’ll send you an email once we’ve rolled the expanded YPP program to you and you’ve reached the eligibility thresholds.
In 2022, we announced that we’re evolving the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) to continue making YouTube a rewarding place for creators. Starting mid-June 2023, we’re expanding the YouTube Partner Program to more creators with earlier access to fan funding and select Shopping features.
Creators in eligible countries can apply to the expanded YouTube Partner Program when they reach either of the below eligibility thresholds:
- Get 500 subscribers with 3 valid public uploads in the last 90 days, and 3,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months, or
- Get 500 subscribers with 3 valid public uploads in the last 90 days, and 3 million valid public Short views in the last 90 days
If you’d like us to tell you when you’re eligible, select Get notified in the Earn area of YouTube Studio. We’ll send you an email once we’ve rolled the expanded YPP program to you and you’ve reached the above eligibility thresholds.
Creators in the YouTube Partner Program who also meet the below eligibility thresholds can get additional benefits like revenue sharing from ads and YouTube Premium:
- Get 1,000 subscribers with 4,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months, or
- Get 1,000 subscribers with 10 million valid public Shorts views in the last 90 days.
For partners that are currently in YPP, there are no changes to program benefits for you.
What you need to join the expanded YouTube Partner Program
- Follow the YouTube channel monetization policies.
- Have a channel based in one of the available countries/regions.
- Make sure 2-Step Verification is turned on for your Google Account.
- Have one active AdSense for YouTube account, that you’ll link to your channel. If you don’t already have one, be ready to set one up in YouTube Studio when applying. Make sure to only create a new AdSense for YouTube account in YouTube Studio.
The expanded YouTube Partner Program is available to eligible creators in the following countries/regions:
Where to apply to the expanded YouTube Partner Program
Once you have what you need and your channel is eligible to apply, sign up for YPP from either a computer or a mobile device:
- Use a computer to sign in to YouTube Studio.
- In the left menu, click Earn.
- Click Apply Now to review and Accept the base terms.
- Click Start to set up an AdSense for YouTube account, or link an existing active one.
Once you’re done, In Progress will surface in the Get Reviewed step, which means we have your application!
What we review
Our automated systems and human reviewers will review your channel as a whole to make sure your channel follows all of our policies and guidelines. Check back in the Earn section of YouTube Studio anytime to see the status of your application.
- Application volumes
- System issues
- Resource limitations
- Channels that require a few reviews, especially when several reviewers disagree on a channel’s suitability for YPP
If your first application wasn’t successful, don’t worry - keep uploading original content and you can try again after a 30-day period. If this isn’t your first application to be rejected, you can try again after a 90-day period. Our reviewers likely found that a significant portion of your channel doesn’t currently follow our policies and guidelines. So be sure to review our policies and guidelines against your channel’s overall content and change your channel before re-applying. Learn more about steps that you can take to strengthen your channel for next time.
Choose how to earn and get paid
Once you’re in YPP, you can start your earning journey with fan funding and Shopping features. To turn on fan funding and Shopping features, review and accept the Commerce Products Module. Learn more about the module and how to turn on fan funding and Shopping features.
Fan funding & Shopping features
When you join YPP with 500 subscribers, you can earn money through these monetization features if you meet their eligibility requirements:
- Channel memberships: lets viewers join your channel through monthly payments and get access to members-only perks you offer, like badges, emoji, and other goods.
- Super Chat & Super Stickers: your fans can buy Super Chats to highlight their message within live chat or Super Stickers to get a fun animated image that surfaces in live chat.
- Super Thanks: lets you earn revenue from viewers who want to show extra gratitude for your videos.
- Shopping: lets you connect your official merchandise store to YouTube and showcase your products.
Go to the "Get paid" section of our Help Center for:
- An easier understanding of your earnings as a YouTube partner
- More info about AdSense for YouTube (Google’s program that lets creators in YPP get paid)
- How to troubleshoot common payment issues
As the YouTube Partner Program continues to grow, it's important to maintain an active ecosystem of channels. We may turn off monetization for channels that haven’t uploaded a video or posted to the Community tab for 6 months or more.