YouTube Shorts is a way for anyone to connect with a new audience with just a smartphone and the Shorts camera in the YouTube app. YouTube’s Shorts creation tool makes it easy to create videos that are up to 60 seconds long with the option to capture multiple clips.
You can also use various creative features, including:
Music & sound: Add a song or use other audio to create your own Short. Learn more.
Text: Add text after recording a Short and use Timeline to control when it appears and disappears.
Speed: Choose to accelerate or slow down recording.
Timer: Set the countdown to record hands-free and choose when to automatically stop recording.
#Shortsin the title or description of your video to help our system recommend your Shorts across YouTube.
Learn more about ShortsHow do I record a Short?
To create a short video on YouTube:
- Sign in to YouTube on mobile.
- Tap create tap Create a Short beta.
- To make your Short longer than 15 seconds, tap 15s above the record button to record up to 60 seconds (60s).
Note: Recording with music from our library is limited to 15 seconds.
- To record a clip, hold the capture button or tap it to start recording and then again to stop.
- Tap undo to remove the previous video clip you recorded or tap redo to add it back.
- Tap done to preview and enhance your video tap NEXT to add details to your video.
- Add a title (max 100 characters) to your short video.
- Tap UPLOAD to finish.
We’re always testing new ways to deliver content to viewers. This is especially true for Shorts. Right now, viewers may find your Shorts:
- On our homepage and the Shorts shelf.
- Featured on your channel page by default. Learn more.
- Selecting the “What to Watch Next” module.
- Searching YouTube.
- Checking their Subscription feeds.
#Shorts in your short video’s title or description to help our system recommend your Shorts across Youtube.
For more info on hashtags on YouTube, go to Use hashtags for video search.
- To find our music library when you’re ready to record, tap Add Music. Select a song and then record up to 15 seconds.
- To add music after you record, tap Music at the bottom of the edit screen. Music picked from our library is limited to 15-second clips.
You can also use other audio to create a Short. For example, you can sample the sound from an eligible Short to create your own short-form masterpiece. Learn more.