What still works when you leave your phone behind
If you don't have a cellular watch, some of your watch’s features will continue to work even if you leave your phone behind.
Connected to the Internet over Wi-Fi
If your watch supports Wi-Fi, it can stay connected to your phone at any distance when they're both connected to the Internet. To stay connected to your phone, turn on and connect to Wi-Fi on your watch.
Not all watches can connect to Wi-Fi. Try turning on Wi-Fi on your watch. If you don’t see Wi-fi settings under “Settings” on your watch, it’s not available on your watch.
Not connected to the phone or Internet
If you see the Disconnected symbol , your watch is not connected to your phone. This can happen when you are away from your phone if:
- Your watch does not support Wi-Fi
- Your watch supports Wi-Fi but is not connected to a Wi-Fi network
- Your phone is off
- Your phone is not connected to the Internet
If your watch and phone aren’t connected over the Internet
You can still use some basic features on the watch:
- Tell time and see the date
- Set an alarm
- Use the stopwatch
- Use the timer
- View your calendar for today
- See your step count
- See your heart rate (if your watch has this feature)
- Change your watch face
- Put your watch in airplane mode
- Listen to music through your watch
Note: You won’t be able to use voice actions.