Why won't google voice accept a new outgoing voicemail greeting?1 Recommended Answer
- Log into your Google Voice account from a laptop or desktop computer, not from a mobile device, and go here: https://www.google.com/voice#phones
- Ensure that you have at least one working, verified forwarding phone number listed, and it is available to receive phone calls forwarded from Google Voice.
- Go to this Settings tab: https://www.google.com/voice#voicemailsettings
- Click "Record New Greeting"
- Type a new greeting name into the pop-up dialog box and click "Continue"
- Select your phone number to ring, and click "Connect". Do not select "Google Talk" or "Google Chat", as they are no longer supported
- Record your new greeting, press #, listen to it, press 1 to keep or press 2 to re-record, and, when you are done, hang up
- Select your new greeting as default, or configure custom groups or contacts to hear the greeting
If you'd rather not record your greeting or name using the Voicemail & Text tab in Google Voice ⚙ Settings on your computer, you can use an alternate recording method using just your phone without your computer.
First, dial your own Google Voice phone number from any phone.
You can interrupt your voicemail greeting by pressing the asterisk [ * ] key, enter your PIN (if prompted) then you can listen to new voicemail messages, or press 2 to place an outgoing call, or press 4 to go to the Change Settings phone menu.
There are other options available to you after you interrupt your voicemail greeting:
📞Press 4 for Advanced Settings Menu (to Change your settings)
📞Press 1 to Change Greeting.
📞Press 2 to Change your Spoken Name.
📞Follow the prompts to record your name.or greeting
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.