Important: The information in this article only applies if you have a Google Account.
You can use Google Store credit to make purchases from the Google Store. (You can’t use it for other products like Google Play.)
Get Google Store credit
Google Store credit is issued to you when you trade in an old device through Google Store. You might also receive Google Store credit if someone buys you a device and you decide to return it (within 14 days of receiving it).
Google Store credit is maintained in your Google Pay account.
- If your available credit covers your entire order, the amount will be deducted from your balance.
- If your available credit doesn’t cover your entire purchase, use an accepted form of payment for the remaining balance.
- Credit can’t be transferred to friends or family, to different accounts, nor to different payment profiles in an account.
- Credit can only be used in the region where it was earned, and can’t be used for purchases in different regions.
Check Google Store credit balance
- Go to your Google Store settings or
- Go to the checkout screen. If you have Google Store credit available, you'll have the option to use that amount in your Google Pay account.
Use Google Store credit
You can use your Google Store credit to buy anything from the Google Store. You can’t use or transfer your Google Store credit to other Google products or services, or cash out (unless legally required).
To use your Google Store credit toward your order, on the checkout screen, mark the checkbox next to "Use your Google Store credit."
Use more than one form of payment
You can use these forms of payment with Google Store credit:
- Credit or debit cards
- Google Store Financing
Learn how to add a form of payment.