Use Google Store credit & promotional balance
Note: The information in this article only applies if you have a Google Account.
You can use Google Store credit and promotional balance to make purchases from the Google Store. (You can’t use it for other products like Google Play.)
Google Store credit is issued to you when you trade in an old device through Google Store. You might also receive Store credit if someone buys you a device and you decide to return it (within 14 days or receiving it).
You might receive promotional balance in relation to other promotions on Google Store. Both Store credit and promotional balance are maintained in your Google Pay account.
- If your available credit covers your entire order, the amount will be deducted from your balance.
- If your available credit doesn’t cover your entire purchase, use an accepted form of payment for the remaining balance.
- Credit can’t be transferred to friends or family, to different accounts, nor to different payment profiles in an account.
- Credit can only be used in the region where it was earned, and can’t be used for purchases in different regions.
Check Google Pay balance
- Go to your Google Store settings or
- Go to the checkout screen. If you have either Store credit or promotional balance available, you'll see the option to use that amount in your Google Pay account.
Use account balance
You can use your Store credit and promotional balance to buy anything from the Google Store. You can’t use or transfer your Store credit to other Google products or services, or cash out (unless legally required).
To use your Google Store account balance toward your order, on the checkout screen, mark the checkbox next to "Use your promotional balance."
Use more than one form of payment
You can use these forms of payment with Google Store credit:
- Credit or debit cards
- Google Store Financing
Learn how to add a form of payment.