Get Google Store credit
Google Store credit might be issued to you in different ways. You may earn credit when you:
- Trade in an old phone through Google Store
- Buy a product in an eligible promotion
- Other sources from Google directly
Google Store credit is maintained in your Google Pay account. The credit is issued to your Google Pay account associated with your Google Store purchase.
You'll get a confirmation email when a credit has been issued. When tied to a promotion, the credit will only be issued once the return period has passed.
Set up your account to get Google Store credit
- Go to your Google Store settings.
- In the "Google Store credit" section:
- If you find a balance of any amount, including $0.00, you're all set.
- If you find the SET UP button, select it and follow the on-screen instructions.
Check Google Store credit balance
Go to either:
- Your Google Store settings
- Or the checkout screen
If you have Google Store credit available, you can use it in your Google Store purchase.
Use Google Store credit
Use your Google Store credit to buy anything from the Google Store. You can’t use or transfer your Google Store credit to:
- Other Google products like Google Play
- Services like Nest installation
- Subscriptions like Google One, Nest Aware, or YouTube TV
- Cash out, unless legally required
To use your Google Store credit toward your order, on the checkout screen, mark the checkbox next to "Use your Google Store credit."
Google Store credit acts as a form of payment, and therefore can be used to pay for Google Store promotions, such as:
- If your available credit covers your entire order, the amount will be deducted from your balance.
- If your available credit doesn’t cover your entire purchase, use an accepted form of payment for the remaining balance.
- Credit can’t be transferred to friends or family, to different accounts, nor to different payment profiles in an account.
- Credit can only be used in the country or region where it was earned and can’t be used for purchases in different countries or regions.