You can return most items you bought from the Google Store within 15 calendar days after the day you receive it. Returns are subject to the standard return policy.
To return an item to the Google Store, follow these three steps.Step 1: Prepare your shipping label and return label
- Find the order with the item you want to return.
- Under the order you want to return, click View or edit order.
- On the “Order details” page, click Return items.
- On the “Return items” page, follow the instructions, then click Submit.
- On the “Complete your return” page, follow the instructions to print your shipping label and return slip.
Tip: If you see "Device is not eligible for return," your shipment either hasn’t shipped yet or has passed the 15-day return limit. If it hasn’t shipped yet, you may be able to cancel or change your order.
Important: Make sure to transfer, back up, or erase all data on the device, then reset your item to factory settings. Google isn’t responsible for any use or disclosure of any data that's on the device.
Learn how to reset your phone or tablet, Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, Chromebook, Nexus Player, Watch, Google Home, Google Clips, Nest Detect, Nest Guard, Nest Camera/Nest Hello, Nest Thermostat, Nest Protect, or Nest x Yale Lock.
- Include the following items in your package:
- The box your purchase came in
- The device or accessory
- Other accessories, documentation, and anything else that came with the device
- The return slip from your return confirmation email (find your device serial number if you need it)
- Make sure to remove the following items from your package:
- SIM card (if you added your own)
- Device cases
- Extended batteries
- Accessories that didn’t come with the device
- The item should arrive in its original condition. Use the labels and follow the instructions in the Google Store support email or on the Order history page.
- If you’re returning multiple items, package and ship each item separately with its unique shipping label and return label. If you don’t ship each item with its correct labels, there may be a delay in processing your return.
- A refund can take 1–14 business days once the return product is inspected.
Exchange a device
Direct exchanges aren’t available. Instead, you can return what you bought and use your refund to buy a different item.