Returns & refunds for devices
This article is for customers who bought a phone, tablet, laptop, or another device or accessory on the Google Store.
Returns & exchanges
Google wants you to love the devices and accessories that you buy from the Google Store. If you aren’t happy with something you bought, you can return an item within 15 calendar days after the day you received it. We’ll send a full refund (minus your original shipping & handling charges) to your original payment method within 14 business days after Google receives the device.
The Google Store doesn’t do exchanges. You can return your purchase and use your refund to buy something else though.
How to return your device or accessory
To return your item, follow the steps below. If you have any questions, call Google Store support.
- Go to your order history on the Google Store.
- Under the order you want to return, click or touch Return Order.
- Note: If you see ‘Device is not eligible for return,’ your order either hasn’t shipped yet or has passed the 15-day return limit. If it hasn't shipped yet you may be able to cancel or change your order.
- Choose a reason why you want to return your items. If you’re trying to return more than one item in an order, you’ll also need to choose the quantity.
- Double check that the return details are correct. Then click or touch Submit.
- After a few hours, you’ll get a return confirmation email. Follow the instructions inside.
Here’s what you’ll need to include in your package.
- The box your purchase came in
- The device or accessory
- Other accessories, documentation, and anything else that came with the device
- The form we give you with the return instructions (If you need to add your device’s serial number to the form, here are some instructions to find it.)
- Your SIM card
- Device cases
- Extended batteries
- Other add-ons and accessories that didn’t come with the device
Defects, missing shipments, & undeliverable packagesReplacing defective devices
If your device doesn’t work correctly through no fault of your own, request a call and we’ll help you figure out whether or not you’re entitled to a refund, replacement, or repair. Visit our Warranty Center for more information.
If you don’t receive your order or you think it was stolen, contact us.
The Google Store can't ship orders to certain places (like PO boxes, military bases, and specific regions). If we can’t deliver your order, it’ll be shipped back to us and we’ll send you a refund.