You’ve submitted a value of
false for the identifier exists
[identifier_exists] attribute for a product that we believe has a Global Trade Item Number (GTIN), based on the use of this identifier in similar offers.
Update your product with the correct value for the GTIN
[gtin] attribute to ensure that your product can show on Shopping ads and in free product listings. Offers without accurate identifiers will remain disapproved until that information is provided.
You must only use GTIN numbers that have been assigned by the manufacturers of these products.
If your product has a barcode, you can normally find the GTIN on the packaging.
To verify the ownership data of the GTINs that you provide, use the GS1 GEPIR tool provided by the GS1 organization. For more information about the validation of GTINs, refer to the GTIN Validation Guide edited by GS1.
See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View examples in the “Affected items” column.
Add unique identifiers for each product
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
"Issue title" = Incorrect value: identifier exists
- Search your product data for those products (using the ID). Remove the identifier exists
[identifier_exists]attribute, or change the value to
trueand then provide a valid identifier using he GTIN
[gtin]attribute. Make sure that you submit an accurate GTIN for each product. Not submitting a GTIN may result in limited performance for your item.
Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.