When feed set up is complete and products appear in Merchant Center, the merchant can create and launch ad campaigns in Google Ads. Merchants can do this on their own but if you’re assisting them, you may help a merchant set up an Google Ads account.
Set up a Google Ads account
To set up a Google Ads account, follow these steps:
- If the merchant does not have a Google Ads account, have them create the Google Ads account from Merchant Center:
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Click the tools icon then select Linked accounts under “Settings”
- Click Link account and follow the instructions.
- Click Create shopping campaign and follow the instructions.
- Click Go to Google Ads to edit the campaign as needed.
- If a merchant does have a Google Ads account, follow these steps:
Create a campaign
To create a campaign, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google Ads.
- Confirm that billing information is correct in Google Ads.
- Set a budget per business needs.
- Set a bidding strategy. If you’re not using an internal or third-party bidding tool that automatically takes store visits into account, we recommend using the automated bidding strategy of maximize clicks or manually assigning bids using manual CPC bidding (advanced option).