Set up estimated delivery time
Estimated delivery time is important information for users evaluating a possible purchase. Therefore, you need to specify handling time and transit time.
Handling time refers to the time it takes you to make an order ready to ship. This includes the time to process the order, send it to the distribution center, and the time it takes for your shipping provider company to pick up the shipment.
Handling time can be added in Merchant Center for each shipping service, or added for individual items in the product feed. Handling time is added in the product feed using the
min_handling_time attributes. Learn more about the handling time attribute
To add handling time to a shipping service:
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- From the page menu, click Shipping, which will take you to your “Services” page.
- Click the shipping service you’d like to edit, and scroll to “Delivery time."
- For "Handling time in business days," enter the minimum number of days required for processing an order, followed by the maximum number of days possible.
Transit time refers to the time it takes the shipping company to deliver the product to your customer. Transit time is a configuration option in your shipping service.
To add transit time to a shipping service:
- If you want the transit time to apply to the whole country and to all products eligible for this Shipping service, provide min and max transit time in business days.
- If you want your transit time to apply to specific areas of the country or if you want to distinguish by certain product groups using
- Select More transit times.
- Use the "Add Destination" button to add destinations (US, France or Australia only).
- Choose an entry from the available list of destinations (destinations can be configured on the delivery zones tab). A new row will appear at the top of the table and the "All locations" row will change to "All other locations". Learn more about setting up delivery zones
- Enter values for min and max transit time for the new delivery zone.
- To remove a row, click Remove next to the destination.
- Use the "Add transit time label" button to add a distinction by
- Select or specify the
transit_time_labelattribute you used in your feed.
- Enter the values for min and max transit time for this label.
- To remove a row, click Remove next to the label.
- Select or specify the
Cut-off time is time by which your customer needs to place their order for it to be processed on the same day. Orders that miss the cut-off time do not begin processing until the following business day. Cut-off time is an optional value that you can set. If you leave it blank, then the default time will be 8:00 AM PST.