Merchant Promotions basics
This article explains the benefits of Merchant Promotions and how it works.
Merchant Promotions is a free feature that allows you to distribute online promotions with your Product Shopping ads on Google.com and Google Shopping. When you add promotions to products that you sell on Google, shoppers see a “special offer” link (e.g. 15% off, free shipping, etc.). This link can increase the appeal of your Product Shopping ads and encourage shoppers to buy.
Note: Cost per click (CPC) rates still apply.
- Boost clickthrough rate: Use promotions to highlight your Product Shopping ads
- Increase conversions: Give shoppers a reason to buy now
- Capture multi-screen traffic: Google shows “special offer” links on desktop and mobile devices
How it works
Merchant Promotions starts after you submit a products feed to Google Merchant Center. Once you have an active products feed, you can create a promotion for each type of promotion you want to offer. After you create a promotion, Google reviews it.
Google accepts the following promotions:
- Discounts: Percent off, cash back, buy one get one free, or buy one get 2nd percent off
- Free gifts: Free item or free gift card for a specified value
- Shipping: Free or discounted shipping
Note: All approved promotions display with your Product Shopping ads on Google.com and Google Shopping. Promotions feeds do not affect rankings on Google.