shipping_weightattribute lets you include the weight to use when calculating shipping costs through your Merchant Center settings. For example, you would use
shipping_weightwhen using carrier-calculated rates.
When to use
Optional for each product
If you set your account shipping settings in Merchant Center based on weight, then use the
shipping_weight attribute to submit the weight for each product. Methods that calculate shipping using weight include carrier-calculated rates and shipping weight tables. Learn more about shipping settings.
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure we understand the data you're submitting.
|Type||Number plus unit|
|File format||Example entry|
To format your data for Content API, see the Content API for Shopping.
These are the requirements you'll need to meet to show your product. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your product and let you know in Diagnostics in your Merchant Center account.
- There are no minimum requirements for this attribute. Keep in mind that you still need to follow the formatting guidelines or the information you submit can't be used.
These best practices can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimize your product data for performance.
- Set up shipping services through Merchant Center. To take advantage of the weight that you submit, make sure to set up shipping services through Merchant Center. Learn more about configuring shipping settings.
- Use the actual shipping weight. Some carriers take into account both weight and package dimensions when calculating shipping cost. When you use a carrier-calculated setting, we’ll calculate the applicable shipping cost based on both weight and dimension. Submit dimensions through
- Respect carrier weight limits. All carriers have limits to what can be shipped using their services and most carriers don't accept packages over a certain weight. Carrier-rates do not support products exceeding these limits and you should define shipping cost for them using shipping tables. Learn more about carrier calculated rates and supported countries / carriers.
Review each section closely to determine if the requirements apply to your country or product. If you don't follow requirements that apply to you, we'll disapprove your product and let you know in the Diagnostics page of your Merchant Center account.
- Submit weight using the
- Submit dimensions using
- Use a shipping table to set up LTL shipping costs in your account shipping settings. Carrier-calculated rates don’t support LTL pricing for heavy or large products.
- Submit the
shipping_labelattribute to assign a freight class to each product and define multiple shipping groups in Merchant Center. You can then create tables specific to each freight class.
- Use the highest possible shipping a user might pay. If you have difficulties submitting accurate shipping cost (e.g. due to real-time cost calculations at checkout), you should submit the highest possible shipping cost a user might pay.