[size_system]attribute you can explain which country’s sizing system your product uses. This information helps create accurate filters that customers can use to narrow search results. The sizing system you submit will affect search, filtering, and how variants are shown.
When to use
Optional for each product
If you submit a size through the size
[size] attribute, then also submit the size system
[size_system] attribute to explain which system you’re using.
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure Google understands the data you're submitting.
|File format||Example entry|
To format your data for Content API, see the Content API for Shopping.
These are the requirements you'll need to meet to show your product. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your product and let you know in the Diagnostics page in your Merchant Center account.
- Provide a date up to 1 year in the future.
These best practices can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimize your product data for performance.
- Submit this attribute for all apparel products. By submitting your product’s size system, you can help ensure that the size is shown correctly.
- Submit the correct system for each product. If you have various products with different size systems, make sure to submit the correct size system. If you don’t submit a size system, Google will use the standard system for your target country, which might not be right for your product.
- Submit the size. Along with the size system, make sure to submit the specific size of your product using the size
- Submit the size type if relevant. If your product also has a size type, submit the size type
- Submit the gender if relevant. To help show your product in the right search results, also submit the gender
Product data for a petite black polka dot skater dress, women’s size 10
||Black Skater polka dot dress, 10|
Product data for a pair of men’s white tennis shoes, size 8.5
||White Tennis shoes, 8.5|