The URL provided for either the image link
[image_link] or the additional image link
[additional_image_link] attribute in your product data doesn’t lead to a valid image. For each product listed in your product data, you must provide an accessible image in an accepted format (JPEG , WebP, PNG, GIF, BMP, and TIFF). Products with invalid images will remain disapproved and won’t show in Shopping ads or free listings until you’ve updated the images.
If this is a new product, it will remain disapproved until Google can process the image. If it is an existing product, Google will revert to the previous image. Keep in mind that if you change the image, but keep the same URL, it could take up to 6 weeks to detect and crawl the new image. Google recommends that you change the image filename and URL when you change the image.
Learn more about submitting images for your products and about URL guidelines.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View examples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Provide images that uniquely, clearly and exclusively identify each variant of the product
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
“Issue title” = Invalid image: image link
“Issue title” = Invalid image: additional image link
- Check your product data for those products (using the ID), and make sure each product has a primary image that conforms to the data specifications.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.