Navigate Google Merchant Center
Before you start working with Google Merchant Center, please review this guide:
Dashboard: The Dashboard tab will show you an overview of your account, including:
- Products Overview: Lets you see how many products are active for the specified destination. These graphs include all items in your account targeting the specified destination, including any that failed initial processing. Learn more about each product status.
- Feeds: A list of your most-recently updated data feeds, including each data feed's schedule and status.
- Performance: Clicks from your Shopping campaigns. Note: All click data is based on data available in AdWords and is calculated based on the timezone of your AdWords account. Data is for the previous 30 days. If multiple AdWords accounts are linked to your Merchant Center account, click data will be aggregated from those accounts. Please refer to your linked AdWords account for full reporting on the performance of your ads.
Diagnostics: View consolidated issue reporting for Shopping product data across your account, feeds, and items.
API Diagnostics: Lets you find and view failed requests to the Content API.
Message archive: View recent account notifications within Merchant Center by clicking on the Mail icon in the upper-right hand corner of your account. The messages stored in the message archive include notifications, alerts, and announcements that have been sent to your Merchant Center contacts. Feed status notifications will be removed from the message archive after 90 days. This feature is not yet available for parent multi-client accounts.
Feeds: Where you register and upload data feeds. Learn more about registering data feeds, and read more about uploading data feeds. The Feeds tab provides access to various feed related tools, including feed rules and downloadable error reports.
Products: Shows you the products in your account, including the display status and click data. Note: All click data is based on data available in AdWords and is calculated based on the timezone of your AdWords account. Data is for the previous 30 days. If multiple AdWords accounts are linked to your Merchant Center account, click data will be aggregated from those accounts. Please refer to your linked AdWords account for full reporting on the performance of your ads. You may also search for a particular product by inputting its id into the search bar and clicking Lookup by id. Click here to read more about the display status of your products.
- General: Set your company name, website, contact information, and display settings here. Learn more about General Settings.
- Website Verification: Verify and claim your website URL. Learn more about website verification and claiming.
- FTP: Set your FTP username and password here. Learn more about uploading via FTP.
- Google Cloud Storage: Submit and store your product data securely via Google Cloud Storage, a new cloud-based storage service. Learn more about submitting data via Google Cloud Storage.
- Adwords: Link your Google Merchant Center and Google AdWords accounts here. Please also be aware that you'll also have to input your Google Merchant Center information in Google AdWords to complete the link for locales outside of the US. Learn more about enabling Shopping ad.
- Tax: Create and manage your tax settings. Please be aware that tax attributes at the product level will override these settings. Learn more about providing tax and shipping.
- Shipping: Create and manage your shipping methods. Please be aware that shipping attributes at the product level will override these settings. Learn more about using the shipping tools.
- Users: Allow multiple users to access your account. Learn more about multi-user access.
- Automatic item updates: Enabling this feature allows us to update your items on Google Shopping based on the schema.org microdata we find on your website for price and availability information. Learn more.
- E-commerce Platform: Link your Google Merchant Center and supported e-commerce platform accounts here. Learn more.