The Diagnostics section
The Diagnostics section is located under Products in your Merchant Center account. The Diagnostics section offers consolidated reporting for Google Shopping across your account, feeds, and items. The tab displays all issues that would prevent a product from being eligible to serve on Google Shopping, from account setup to feed processing to data quality and policy violations. With the unified reporting offered in the Diagnostics section, you can gain better insight into the health of your product data so it’s easier to identify and resolve issues. The tab includes reporting tools such as:
- A historic overview of the status of your items, allowing you to analyze the root cause of past changes in traffic.
- A downloadable report containing all affected items and the reasons for disapprovals.
- Traffic and impact metrics to help you identify how many items are currently impacted by specific issues.
Main page of the Diagnostics section
The main page of the Diagnostics section consists of two initial sections:
- Stacked item graph and status cards: The graph displays all of the online and local items in your account targeting the Shopping destination and their current and historical status. The graph consists of 2 data points per day. Below the graph, you’ll see status cards that show the number of items that are disapproved, pending, expiring, or active for the date and time you select in the graph. You can click on each card to display that status in the graph.
- Overview cards: The issue overview cards show the number of issues at the account, feed, and item level. You can click on each card to find more granular information. You’ll see a flag on the overview cards that indicates the section that most likely requires your attention first.
You can filter the data in the Diagnostics section by target country or view the information across all your Shopping countries.
Detailed account, feed, and item issues
To view more details about the issues in the Diagnostics section, you can click on the account, feed, and item overview cards.
Account issues: This section contains issues that affect your entire account or an entire target country. This includes issues such as no linked AdWords account and no verified/claimed homepage. It also includes policy and data quality account-level warnings and disapprovals. For the warnings, you’ll see a deadline by which you need to fix the issue.
Feed issues: This section lists data feeds that have an overarching issue that prevents us from processing an entire feed, such as upload issues, fetch errors, and expired feeds. For a full list of your feeds, you can use the reporting available on the Feeds tab.
Item issues: This section contains issues that impact individual items, from feed processing to data quality and policy violations. If items are affected by multiple issues, they’ll be included in all of them. Click on the number of affected items to view a sample of up to 50 items impacted by that issue. You can also download a report that contains all of the affected items in your account and their issues across all of your target countries from the main page of the item issues section.
Please note that after you’ve fixed any issues with your product data and uploaded a new feed, the Feeds section will be updated immediately, but there will be a delay until all of the data in the Diagnostics section is refreshed. Check the top of the Diagnostics section to see the last time the data was refreshed.
In order to help you prioritize and resolve your highest-impact issues immediately, the account, feed, and item sections of the tab are organized by severity into errors, warnings, and notifications. Within each severity level, issues are ranked by the number of affected items.
Errors: These are the most serious issues and usually indicate account suspensions or item disapprovals. These issues stop your items from showing to users. Please resolve all errors as soon as possible so that your items will be eligible to appear in results again.
Warnings: These are issues that could negatively impact the performance of your ads and will likely lead to item or account suspensions in the future unless you resolve the issue.
Notifications: These are suggested optimizations to your product data to get your data quality to the next level. Pursuing these optimizations is recommended, but not required.
View historical data
Clicking on a specific point in the item graph will refresh the status cards and overview section to display historical information for the corresponding day. This historical view will show all item-level issues that were in effect at that time.
You can use this historical data to identify recent changes to your items and identify possible causes for a drop in traffic to your landing pages.