Convert your spreadsheet into a tab-delimited text file
Most spreadsheet programs allow you to export data into a tab-delimited file. Either of the options below will create a file with a name ending in the ".txt" extension. This is the file you should submit to Google Merchant Center.
If you're using Google Sheets:
- From the File menu, select Download as then select Tab-separated values (.tsv, current sheet). This will download the currently selected sheet as a tab-separated .TSV file, inheriting the name of your spreadsheet. Select the Save as... or Save File As... command from your browser's File menu.
- Name your file, and be sure to specify the file type as a Text File (*.txt) if it gives you the option. Click Save.
If you're using Microsoft Excel:
- Open the File menu and select the Save as... command.
- In the Save as type drop-down box, select the Text (tab delimited) (*.txt) option.
- Select the Save button. If you see warning messages pop up, select the OK or Yes button.