In order to provide a good user experience, Google requires that all images used in your ads meet high quality standards. Multiple high quality images are strongly correlated with user engagement and clicks.
This article explains how you can improve the quality and quantity of images of your products.
On this page
The resolution of your product images determines its quality. Google considers images with more than 1024 pixels as high-resolution images.
There are many ways to improve the quality of your images including:
- Add robots meta tags max-image-size: large to your website. This tag will help Google use the highest-quality images from your website without any further action from your side.
- Ensure that all the products available on your website are also listed in your Merchant Center account. Merchant Center can then automatically use higher-quality images, even if the ones you uploaded were of lower quality.
Image quantity refers to the number of images per product. When customers find more images with different angles of your products, it helps them potentially make better purchase decisions.
To add more images to your products:
- In your Merchant Center account, click the Products drop down menu from the left navigation panel.
- Click All products.
- Click the product for which you want to add more images
- Click the pencil icon .
- Scroll down to the image section and add more images.