[mpn]attribute for one or more of your products. Please review the instructions below and update this attribute for all affected products by September 2021 to prevent products from being disapproved.
A product's MPN is used to uniquely identify it amongst all of the products produced by a manufacturer. Potential customers may search for a specific MPN when looking to make a purchase. Consequently, providing the correct MPN can help ensure that your product is shown in relevant situations.
For one or more of your products, you've submitted a value for the MPN
[mpn] attribute that may be incorrect. As a result, these products have been warned and may be disapproved for ads or free listings.
To resolve this issue, provide a valid value for the MPN attribute. Only use MPNs that have been assigned by the manufacturer rather than a reseller or a distributor. Also, ensure that the corresponding brand name is correctly submitted via the brand
[brand] attribute. If the product doesn't have an MPN, clear the current value and leave the field blank.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the 'Issue' column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the 'Issue' column, then click View examples in the 'Affected items' column.
Step 2: Update the MPN attribute value
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
'Issue title' = Incorrect product identifier [mpn].
- Search your product data for those products (using the ID) and:
- Make sure that you're submitting a valid MPN value.
- Don't provide the MPN in the ID
[title], or description
[description]attribute. Instead, add it to the MPN
- Check that the brand
[brand]attribute is correct.
- If the product has no MPN, leave this attribute blank rather than provide an invalid value.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you've updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you've fixed the issue by making sure that it's no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Bear in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.