One or more of your products uses a group attribute. In order for this attribute to be valid, you must submit all of the required attributes included in that group.
For example, let’s say you’ve provided the availability
[availability] attribute for a product and have submitted a value of
preorder (preorder) or
backorder (backorder) to indicate that the product is not currently in stock, but will be in the future. In order to do this, you must also provide an availability date using the availability date
[availability_date] attribute to indicate to the customer when the product will become available.
Likewise, if you’d like to run a sale on one of your products, you must submit not only the sale price effective date
[sale_price_effective_date], to indicate when the sale will begin, but also the sale price
[sale_price] attribute to indicate what the sale price is. Providing a sale price requires that you also provide the original price using the
To resolve this issue, check the product data for the affected product(s) and ensure that the missing attribute has been provided for any products that require group attributes.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to view current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To view a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View examples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Add missing values
- Filter the download report so that you can only see products with:
“Issue title” = Missing attribute
- Add valid values for any required group attributes.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.