Note: If you are a G Suite administrator, see also the G Suite known issues.
Chrome browser freezes when joining a meeting
Hangouts Meet sometimes fails to join a meeting when using the Chrome browser version M64 on Windows 7. The browser appears to be joining, but is unsuccessful.
This typically happens on the second and consecutive attempts of joining Hangouts Meet using the same browser.
- Restart the Chrome browser. Enter chrome://restart in the address bar before joining a video meeting.
- Upgrade to the latest Chrome beta version M65 (65.0.3325.103 or later).
Browser freezes when screenshare is selected
This can be caused if the computer is using incompatible video adapters or video drivers.
Workaround: Upgrade the computer's video adapters and video drivers to the latest version.
If people can’t hear you in a Hangouts Meet video meeting, make sure that your microphone is turned on. Click to turn on your microphone.
If you are using a Mac computer and your microphone is on, but people still can’t hear you, try the following options. In some cases, Mac computer settings may prevent Meet from using the computer’s microphone.
- Unmute your device. Go to your device system settings and make sure your microphone is not turned off.
- Unmute yourself in Meet. At the bottom of the screen, click to turn on your microphone.
Tip: Other people can mute you, but can’t unmute you.
- In your Chrome browser, enter chrome://restart to restart Chrome and reset all Chrome apps and extensions.
- Restart your computer
I can't access Meet on my mobile device
Each version of the mobile Meet app is supported for 6 months after release. Upgrade to the latest version if an older version of the app is installed on your device.
It is not possible to add a phone number to an existing Calendar event after upgrading to the G Suite Enterprise license
After upgrading to the G Suite Enterprise edition, existing Calendar events with Meet video meetings do not include a dial-in number. To add a dial in number, remove the video meeting from the event, save the event, and re-add the video meeting.
Dial-in call is unexpectedly cut-off
Meet supports dial-in phone calls for up to 8 hours. Actual maximum call length may be shorter if there are carrier specific restrictions.
Workaround: When the call is dropped after 8 hours, dial back in to the meeting.