You can now access features in Contribute that were in Menu Your Profile and “Your Contributions.”
At the bottom, tap Contribute to add places, write reviews, upload photos, or suggest an edit. You can also submit corrections to roads and places, manage your Maps profile, and find your contribution views and impact.
Sign in to find content on the Contribute tab. If you’ve never contributed to Google Maps before, follow the on-screen instructions to get started.
Access your Maps profile
- To view and manage your Maps profile, tap View your profile.
- To find your followers and profiles you follow, tap Followers.
If you’ve turned on Location History before, you can find suggested places to review on the Contribute tab.
Ways to contribute
Edit the map
Add or suggest edits to places, addresses, or roads. You can also edit your location, and send your opinion on Maps.
- At the bottom of your screen, tap Contribute Edit map .
- Choose an option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Add a missing place
- At the bottom of your screen, tap Contribute Add place .
- Fill out all relevant fields to add a missing place to the map.
Write a review
- At the bottom of your screen, tap Contribute Write review .
- Choose a place on the map.
- Tap the stars to rate the place.
- Optional: You can write a review.
Add a photo
- At the bottom of your screen, tap Contribute Add Photo .
- Tap the photo(s) you want to post. Before sharing photos you will need to allow Google Maps access to your photos.
- Tap Select a place.
- If the suggested locations are incorrect, tap Somewhere else?
- Tap Post.
Locations are suggested according to the location information from your photos. For more info, learn how to add, remove, or share photos and videos.
- At the bottom of your screen, tap Contribute Contribute more.
- You will be prompted to share your experiences of places you have visited, or interacted with.
Find your past Contributions
Find your contributions to Google Maps on the Contribute tab. You can find your contributions, the total review views, and total photo views of your posts.