Use custom attributes to make changes and store your data before assigning the values to a product data specification attribute. This article explains how to set up custom attributes to use in your feed rules.
Before you begin
How it works
Custom attributes allow you to store a value that you may use later to populate a different attribute value. This allows you to create a secondary version of the value without changing the existing attribute.
- You'd like to add the color "red" to a title
[title]attribute, but you'd also like to keep "burgundy" in the color
- You'd like to separate one section of the product type
[product_type]attribute to use in your description, but you need to retain the entire product type in the attribute.
Step 1: Create your custom attribute
- Sign in to your Manufacturer Center account.
- Click Products in the navigation menu, then click Feeds.
- Select the feed on which you’d like to implement feed rules.
- Click the "Feed Rules" tab at the top of the page.
- If you have more than one country of sale and target language connected to this feed, be sure to select the country that you would like to apply the rule to.
- Click the “Add” button and type in the name of the new custom attribute you want to create.
- The name of your custom attribute will appear under “Custom processed attributes”. Click on the attribute name after you finish typing it in.
- Use feed rules to populate and modify your custom attribute.