Preview and validate your ad with Hotel Center
The Hotel details page in the new Hotel Center experience lets you customize searches so that you can validate and preview your hotel ad using a variety of scenarios. You can do the following:
- Ensure that a hotel is participating in Hotel Ads auctions, see how your ad appears on Google Search or Maps, and if your landing page is working as intended.
- See your hotel's base price and room bundle pricing for a given itinerary, hotel occupancy, and other details.
- Check you ad's bidding strategy and bid adjustments.
You can also:
- Find information about the traveler performing the hotel search, such as the user's device type, default language, and country from which they searched.
- See basic hotel information, such as address, phone number, and source of hotel information (such as a feed or file upload).
- See your price accuracy score.
Ad preview now shows the room names, prices, and rate IDs matched to user parameters (such as country and language). It also returns fenced rates associated with rate rule id in the input.
Preview your ad in the new Hotel Center
- Open Hotel Ads Center in a browser.
- In the search bar, search for the hotel name or hotel ID you'd like to preview, and click on the hotel.
- Click on the Ad Preview button:
- You're now in the new Hotel Center experience. On the "Hotel details" page, you'll see your hotel photo with a map location.
- Under "Ad preview" in the new Hotel Center experience, enter check in and check out dates. The default value is a one-night stay that occurs two weeks from the current date.
- Click Advanced options. Under "Ad serving details," consult the "Showing now?" field to see if your ad is running.
- Under "Ad serving details," consult the "Bidding details" and "Bid adjustment" fields to see your bid for the itinerary.
- You'll also see the base price and any room bundle pricing below.
- Optional: You can also use Advanced options to validate your ad for different devices, occupancy, rate rules, user countries, and more.
See how your ad appears on Search and Maps, and view your landing page
On the "Hotel details" page in the new Hotel Center experience, click View on Search or View on Maps to see how your ad appears. You can also click on Landing page to see if your landing page is working an intended.
In the new Hotel Center experience, on the "Hotel details" page, click Advanced options to validate your ad for the following factors:
- Device: Select Desktop, Mobile, or Tablet to see how your ad appears to a customer searching for your ad using a specific device type.
- Country: Enter the country from which a hypothetical customer would use Google.com to search for your hotel. The default location is the country where the hotel is located.
- Client: Select the Google property from which the hypothetical customer sees the ad. Possible values are:
- Local Universal (default selection). Simulates results from an organic search, typically by searching on google.com.
- Maps LHS: Simulates a search from maps.google.com.
- Place Page: Simulates a search from a G+ place page.
- Occupancy: Enter the occupancy of a room, from 1 to 4. The default value is "2."
- Signed in: Whether the traveler is signed in to her Google account.
- Rate Rule ID: Enter a fenced rate if applicable for a hypothetical customer. Note: Setting a fenced rate input in Ad preview ignores other query parameters, such as country, language, and currency.
Try a new search for the same hotel with different options. Once you change the options , you'll see if your ad is serving, its price, and other details.
After entering in your check-in dates and any advanced options, you can see the following details about your ad:
Showing now? A "Yes" value indicates the ad is showing for the options you selected. A value of "No" (followed by a status message) indicates that the hotel is not showing in the results. See Status messages for more information.
Bid strategy: The bid strategy the Hotel ad will use when served.
Base bid: The starting bid for the Hotel ad, if applicable.
Effective bid: The closing bid for the ad auction, if applicable, after any bid multipliers.
The Status field will show the following:
- If Live Query is enabled. Learn more about Live Query
- Price accuracy: A level below "Excellent" may have a negative impact on auction positioning and CPC. If you have a low score, use the techniques described in Improving Price Accuracy to improve your score, and consult the Price Accuracy report.
- Whether the hotel was matched to a business on Google Maps.
The value of "Showing Now?" indicates the hotel's status. A value of "No" (followed by a status message) indicates that the hotel is not showing in the results. The following example shows a hotel that is not being shown:
In some cases, Ad preview is unable to generate a deep link for the ad or determine a matching point of sale.
The following table describes the status messages:
|Status message||More information|
|Insufficient bid||See Bidding User Guide.|
|No valid bid||See Bidding User Guide or use the Feed Validation tool.|
|Daily budget exceeded||See Budgeting Guide.|
|Inactive account||Contact Google using the contact form.|
|No available price||Either no price has been supplied to Google matching the selected itinerary or a price has been provided, but in the wrong format and is considered invalid and unavailable. What you can do:
|No available price for this user||The price is restricted because it uses Fenced Rates.|
|Suspended Hotel||See Price Accuracy Policy or Price Violations.|
|No matching Point of Sale||See POS Matching Rules.|
|No taxes and fees||See Price Accuracy Policy or Taxes and Fees Policy.|
|Inactive account||Check the Onboarding tab to see which of your feeds need attention.|
|No currency conversion for available price||The price provided had an invalid currency code during conversion. Go to Feed Status to check feeds.|
About your hotel details
The "Details"card on the Hotel details page will show your hotel's address, phone, and when your feed was updated. If you see incorrect information on this card, you will need to either:
- Send a new Hotel List Feed with corrected information.
- Update the XML on the LEC (local enhanced content) feed.