The "Hotel details" page lets you customize searches so that you can validate and preview your hotel ad using a variety of scenarios. You can do the following:
- Ensure that a hotel is participating in Hotel Ads auctions, see how your ad appears on Google Search or Maps, and if your landing page is working as intended.
- See your hotel's base price and room bundle pricing for a given itinerary, hotel occupancy, and other details.
You can also:
- Add more context to the previewed ad, such as the user's device type, default language, and country from which they searched.
- See basic hotel information, such as address, phone number, and source of hotel information (such as a feed or file upload).
- See your price accuracy score.
Ad preview now shows the room names, prices, and rate IDs matched to user parameters (such as country and language). It also returns conditional rates associated with rate rule id in the input.
Preview your ad in the new Hotel Center
The “Hotel details” page simulates the ad serving environment so that you can diagnose potential issues with hotel’s status, landing page (formerly known as point of sale), price accuracy, and generated booking links.
- Sign in to your Hotel Center account.
- In the search bar, enter the hotel name or hotel ID you’d like to preview, and click on the hotel.
- On the “Hotel details” page, you'll see your hotel photo with a map location.
- Under "Ad preview" enter check in and check out dates. The default value is a 1-night stay that occurs 2 weeks from the current date.
- You'll also see the base price, any conditional prices, and any room bundle pricing below.
- Optional: You can also use Advanced options to validate your ad for different devices, occupancy, rate rules, user countries, languages, and more.
See how your ad appears on Search and Maps, and view your landing page
On the "Hotel details" page, click View on Search or View on Maps to see how your ad appears. You can also click on Landing page to see if your landing page is working an intended.
On the “Hotel details” page, click Advanced options to validate your ad for the following factors:
- Device: Select Desktop, Mobile, or Tablet to see how your ad appears to a customer searching for your ad using a specific device type.
- Country: Enter the country from which a hypothetical customer would use Google.com to search for your hotel. The default location is the country where the hotel is located.
- Google channel: Select the Google property from which the hypothetical customer sees the ad. Possible values are:
- Google Search (default selection): Simulates results from an organic search, typically by searching on google.com.
- Google Maps: Simulates a search from maps.google.com.
- Occupancy: Enter the occupancy of a room, from 1 to 4. The default value is "2."
- Signed in: Whether the traveler is signed in to her Google account.
- Rate rule ID: Enter a conditional rate if applicable for a hypothetical customer.
- Note: Setting a conditional rate input in Ad preview ignores other query parameters, such as country, language, and currency.
Try a new search for the same hotel with different options. Once you change the options , you'll see if your ad is serving, its price, and other details.
After entering in your check-in dates and any advanced options, you can see the following details about your ad:
Showing now?: A "Yes" value indicates the ad is showing for the options you selected. A value of "No" (followed by a status message) indicates that the hotel is not showing in the results. See “Status messages” in the section below for more information.
Matched point of sale: The ID of the landing page that this ad uses when served. If you have multiple booking sites, then the ID is determined by using Google's Landing page matching rules.
The Status field will show the following:
- If Live Pricing is enabled. Learn more about Live Pricing (formerly known as Live Query)
- Price accuracy: A level below "Excellent" may have a negative impact on auction positioning and CPC. If you have a low score, use the techniques described in Improving Price Accuracy to improve your score, and consult the Price Accuracy report.
- Whether the hotel was matched to a business on Google Maps.
The following table describes the status messages found on “Hotel details” page:
|Status message||More information|
|Inactive account||Contact Google using the contact form.|
|No available price||Either no price has been supplied to Google matching the selected itinerary or a price has been provided, but in the wrong format and is considered invalid and unavailable. What you can do:
|No available price for this user||The price is restricted because it uses conditional rates.|
|Suspended Hotel||See Price Accuracy Policy or Price Violations.|
|No matching landing page||See Landing Pages Matching Rules.|
|No taxes and fees||See Price Accuracy Policy or Taxes and Fees Policy.|
|Inactive account||Contact Google’s support team to ensure that your account is active.|
|No currency conversion for available price||The price provided had an invalid currency code during conversion. Go to Feed Status to check feeds.|
About your hotel details
The “Hotel details” page will also show information about your hotel’s address, phone, and when your feed was updated. If you see incorrect information on this card, you will need to either:
- Manually upload a new hotel list feed with corrected information.
- Update your XML feed.