Depending on your device, you can change the settings for your earbuds in different ways:
- Pixel on Android 10+: Go to your Bluetooth® menu and tap the Settings icon by your Pixel Buds name
- Other Androids: Look for the Google Pixel Buds app on your Home screen or apps list
You can use the Google Pixel Buds app to:
- Rename your Pixel Buds
- Set up your Pixel Buds
- Check connection and battery status
- Explore features
- Manage preferences and settings
- Send Feedback
Rename your Pixel Buds
To rename your Pixel Buds device, tap Edit Enter a new name Rename.
When setting up Pixel Buds for the first time, you may be prompted to download and open the Pixel Buds app. Once downloaded, open the Pixel Buds app to see the main settings screen for your connected Pixel Buds.
Assistant & notifications
From Assistant settings, you can
- Set up your Google Assistant and enable Assistant features on Pixel Buds.
- Spoken notifications
- Toggle notifications on/off
- Control notifications per app
- For more information, see Headphones
- Toggle for responses while phone is locked
- Toggle “Hey Google” Voice Match to access Assistant, even when your phone is locked
- Toggle the start sound on/off
If you misplaced your earbuds, you can make them ring or see their last known location.
All gestures can be performed with either earbud and can be toggled on or off.
- Play / Pause media
- Answer call
- Dismiss Google Assistant
- Next track
- End / Reject call
- Previous track / Repeat
- Lower volume
- Raise volume
Touch and hold (Android 6.0+ only)
- Activate Google Assistant
- To listen to notifications, remain silent until you hear a chime, then let go of the earbud
Toggle to optimize volume based on environmental noise
Get more bass with bass boost.
This experimental feature will make you aware of important sounds around you.
In-ear detection automatically pauses music when Pixel Buds are removed from your ear and plays music when they are placed back in your ear. You can tap to toggle In-ear detection on or off.
Share an earbud with a friend and control the volume individually.
Tips & support
- Check for updates
- Turn on/off automatic updates
- Find firmware versions for both Pixel Buds and charging case
- Connectivity status
- Make and model
- Your Pixel Buds device’s serial numbers
Safety, warranty & regulatory
Pixel Buds (Gen 1)
Follow the instructions listed below to change headphones settings.
- Connect your Pixel Buds to your phone
- Press and hold the center button on your phone to invoke your Google Assistant
- Tap on Headphones settings
What's in the headphones settings menu?
Here are some examples of what's available in headphones settings menu:
If you need a refresher on what you can do with your Pixel Buds, you can check out a few helpful tutorials.
Double Tap Gesture Customization
Choose your desired action for the double tap gesture: Check notifications or Next track.
The headphones settings menu will inform you of how much power you have left in your Pixel Buds.
The headphones settings menu will inform you the connection status of your Pixel Buds to your phone.
The headphones settings menu will keep you informed on the current firmware running on your Pixel Buds.
The headphones settings menu will inform you of the serial number of your Pixel Buds.
Google, Pixel Buds, Android, and related logos and marks are trademarks of Google LLC.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.