Your Google Pixel Buds allow you to get hands-free help from Google Assistant, making them the perfect companion to stay connected wherever you may be.
Whether you are on the go and want to control music, get directions and manage your to-do lists, or you are at home and need a moment to disconnect, your Assistant on Pixel Buds is always ready to help. To talk to your Assistant, just say 'Hey Google', or touch and hold either earbud, wait for the chime, then continue touching the earbud while you ask your question.
What you'll need
To use with Google Assistant you need:
Examples of what you can ask
To get ideas, ask "What can you do?" Your Assistant can help you:
Check on your Pixel Buds
Battery level: What's the battery on my earbuds?
Toggle touch controls: Turn off/on touch controls.
- Music: Play my workout playlist. (Subscription may be required)
- Podcasts: Play [podcast name] podcast. (Requires podcast approval and subscription may be required)
- Volume: Turn up the volume.
Keep in touch
- SMS: Text Michelle "Be there in 5 minutes".
- Calls: Call Mum
Get directions and answers
- Traffic: How's traffic on the way to work? (Requires location to be enabled)
- Food: Are there any coffee shops nearby? (Requires location enabled)
- Navigation: Navigate me to [airport name]. (Requires location to be enabled)
- Weather: What's the weather like tomorrow? (Requires location enabled)
- Info: How many pounds are in one dollar?
Manage your plans
- Reminders: Remember the door code is 1234.
- Timers: Set a timer for 30 minutes.
- Shopping lists: Add coffee to my shopping list.
- Schedule: When is my next meeting?
- Events: Add an event “Lunch with Michelle” for 12.30 p.m. tomorrow.
- Talk to someone: Help me speak Chinese.
Learn more about this feature in the Translate Help Centre.
Understand someone: Ayúdame a entender inglés. (Available in select languages)
- German – Hilf mir, Englisch zu verstehen
- Spanish – Ayúdame a entender inglés
- French – Aide-moi à comprendre l’anglais
- Italian – Aiutami a capire l'inglese
- Assistant is announcing my phone notifications too much or not enough
- If touch and hold is not activating Assistant
- If “Hey Google” is not activating Assistant
- Assistant does not provide information about my account, like my emails or text messages
- Control personal results on your earbuds
Requires a Google Assistant-enabled Android 6.0+ device, Google Account and an Internet connection. Data rates may apply. Subscriptions may apply. Translation is not instantaneous. For available languages go to g.co/pixelbuds/help
Integrate media services
You can link other media apps in your Assistant.
For your watch, phone, tablet or car
- On your Android phone or tablet, say "Hey Google, open Assistant settings".
- Tap Music.
- Choose a music service.
Speakers, smart displays, Smart Clocks and TV devices
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- At the bottom, tap Home Settings .
- Under "Services", tap Music.
- Choose a music service. For some services, you’ll be asked to sign in to your account.
Pixel Buds (2017)
Start a conversation
- On your Pixel Buds, touch and hold the right earbud.
- Ask your Google Assistant for help – no need to say "Hey Google" first!