With Google Pixel Buds, your Google Assistant is ready to help while you're on the move even if you're not looking at your phone.
What you'll need
- A first generation Pixel or Pixel 2
- Google Pixel Buds that are connected to your phone
- The Google Assistant app
- The latest version of the Google app
Start a conversation
- On your Pixel Buds, touch and hold the right earbud.
- Ask your Google Assistant for help — no need to say 'Ok Google' first!
Examples of what you can ask
To get ideas, ask "What can you do?" Your Assistant can help you:
Weather: What's the weather like today?
Food: Are there any pizza restaurants nearby?
Navigation: Directions to go home.
Keep in touch
Calls: Call Mom. Call Bob on speaker phone. Make a video call.
SMS: Text Michelle "See you at 5."
Manage your day
Timers: Set a timer for 30 minutes.
Shopping lists: Add coffee to my shopping list.
Reminders: Remind me to do laundry at 5:30 pm.
Music: Play some dance music. Next song.
News: Tell me the latest news.
Control your smart home
Lights: Dim the living room lights.
Thermostats: Set the heat to 70. Lower the temperature 2 degrees.
Get around your phone
Change settings: Turn on WiFi. Increase the volume.
Control your phone: Turn on the flashlight.
Changing your Google Assistant language
Note: When you change the language you use to talk with your Google Assistant, you change the language across your phone.
- On your phone, touch & hold the Home button.
- At the top right, tap More Settings under "Devices," choose a phone.
- Under "Voice and speech," tap Assistant language Go to language preferences.
- Tap Add a language, then choose a language.
- Next to the language you added, touch & hold Reorder .
- Drag the language to the top of the list.