Using Google Assistant with Google Pixel Buds
With Google Pixel Buds, your Google Assistant is ready to help while you're on the move even if you're not looking at your phone.
What you'll need
- A first generation Pixel or Pixel 2
- Google Pixel Buds that are connected to your phone
- The Google Assistant app
- The latest version of the Google app
Start a conversation
- On your Pixel Buds, touch and hold the right earbud.
- Ask your Google Assistant for help — no need to say 'Ok Google' first!
Examples of what you can ask
To get ideas, ask "What can you do?" Your Assistant can help you:
Weather: What's the weather like today?
Food: Are there any pizza restaurants nearby?
Navigation: Directions to go home.
Keep in touch
Calls: Call Mom. Call Bob on speaker phone. Make a video call.
SMS: Text Michelle "See you at 5."
Manage your day
Timers: Set a timer for 30 minutes.
Shopping lists: Add coffee to my shopping list.
Reminders: Remind me to do laundry at 5:30 pm.
Music: Play some dance music. Next song.
News: Tell me the latest news.
Control your smart home
Lights: Dim the living room lights.
Thermostats: Set the heat to 70. Lower the temperature 2 degrees.
Get around your phone
Change settings: Turn on WiFi. Increase the volume.
Control your phone: Turn on the flashlight.
Changing your Google Assistant language
Note: When you change the language you use to talk with your Google Assistant, you change the language across your phone.
- On your phone, touch & hold the Home button.
- At the top right, tap More Settings under "Devices," choose a phone.
- Under "Voice and speech," tap Assistant language Go to language preferences.
- Tap Add a language, then choose a language.
- Next to the language you added, touch & hold Reorder .
- Drag the language to the top of the list.