You can use Google One storage space on Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. Check if Google One is available for your account, and how much it costs.
On your iPhone or iPad, you can upgrade to Google One from the Google Drive app or the Google Photos app.
Buy storage via the Google Drive app
Note: Make sure your Google Drive app is up to date. It may take a few minutes after updating for your purchase to appear. Update your Google Drive app.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Drive app .
- If you don't have it, download the Google Drive app.
- On the top left, tap Menu Storage.
- Next to the price for the plan you want, tap Buy storage.
Buy storage via the Google Photos app
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Photos app .
- If you don't have it, download the Google Photos app.
- On the top left, tap Menu Settings.
- Tap Back up & sync.
- Under "Backup account," tap Buy storage.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Your storage space didn't change after you upgraded
If you change your storage limit, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to apply to your account.
A Google One membership replaces your current paid storage plan. The storage from your Google One membership becomes your new storage limit. It isn't added on top of your existing paid storage.
If you got storage as part of a promotion, you'll keep the extra storage.
Not all files count against your storage space. For example, emails in your Gmail's Trash don't take up storage, but files in your Drive's Trash do.
You can’t send or receive emails after the upgrade
- Sign out of your Google account, then sign back in.
- Send a test email to yourself.
- If that doesn’t work:
- Open an incognito window and log into your Gmail account there. Then try to send an email.
- Use a different browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox to open your Google account. Try to send an email.
If you still can’t send messages, wait 24 hours and try again.
All your files will stay safe, but you won't be able to store anything new. For example:
- Google Drive: You won't be able to sync or upload new files. Syncing between your computer's Google Drive folder and My Drive will stop. You can still create Google documents because they don't take up any storage space.
- Google Photos: If you store photos in Original quality and run out of storage space, you can buy more storage, back up in High quality (lower resolution), or turn off back up.
- Gmail: You won't be able to send or receive messages.