This article describes the requirements to become a Partner or Premier Partner. Learn more about how to check your Google Partner status
How to become a Google Partner
There are 3 requirement categories: Performance, Spend, and Certifications. The Google Partner requirements are checked on a daily basis. The requirement categories and thresholds for each category are described in the table below.
The performance requirement helps ensure that you can effectively set up and optimally run Google Ads campaigns to achieve the greatest results for your clients.
Your Google Partners registered Ads manager account needs to have a minimum optimization score of 70% – you’re in control, with the ability to apply or dismiss recommendations based on your assessment and your clients' goals.
|Your Google Partners registered Ads manager account needs to maintain a 90-day ad spend of $10,000 USD across managed accounts.
Your Google Partners registered Ads manager account needs to have a minimum of 50% of your account strategists certified in Google Ads (capped at 100 users), with at least one certification in each product area with campaign spend of $500 USD or more in 90 days (for example Search, Display, Video, Shopping, or Apps).
Account strategists are employees of your company who manage Google Ads campaigns on behalf of your clients. You can inform us of how many users in your company are account strategists and should be certified based on their day-to-day work by going to the Company details page from your Partners program tab and selecting from the drop-down menu.
How to become a Premier Partner
Companies need to meet the Partner requirements and be in the top 3% of participating companies within a given country (determined annually) to become a Premier Partner*.
The factors that determine the top 3% performers include, but are not limited to:
- Existing client growth: Ability of partners to grow their existing clients, measured by year-over-year ads spend growth and ads spend among existing Google Ads clients.
- New client growth: Ability of partners to acquire new clients, measured by year-over-year ads spend growth and ads spend among existing first-time Google Ads clients.
- Client retention: Demonstrated ability to sustain client business, measured by the percentage of clients with active Google Ads spend who are managed by the partner and are retained year-over-year.
- Product diversification: Demonstrated investment in product mix beyond Search, measured by the percentage of non-Search spend in YouTube, Display & Video 360, Display, Apps, and Shopping each calendar year.
- Annual ads spend: Investment in Google Ads or Google Marketing Platform, measured by spend across managed accounts each calendar year
*Evaluation of Premier Partner eligibility is relative to how other companies are performing in a given country. Evaluation is approximate, may vary by country, and is completed on an annual basis. Premier Partner status may not be available in all countries.