One of the Google Partner requirements is Certifications.
Your Google Partners registered Ads manager account needs to have a minimum of 50% of your account strategists certified in Google Ads (capped at 100 users), with at least one certification in each product area with campaign spend of $500 USD or more in 90 days (for example, Search, Display, Video, Shopping, or Apps).
Account strategists are employees of your company who manage Google Ads campaigns on behalf of your clients.
The number of account strategists that you need to have certified is our best estimate based on a number of factors, such as users’ access levels, association with Google Partners registered Ads manager accounts and linked sub-accounts, and email domains. You can inform us of how many users in your company are account strategists by going to the Company details page from your Partners program tab and selecting from the drop-down menu.
Learn more about Google Ads certifications
1. Make sure you’re an eligible user.Users need admin or standard level access on your company’s Google Partners registered Ads Manager account or any account linked to your company’s Google Partners registered Ads manager account. Users with read-only and email-only access will not contribute to the Certifications requirement.
2. Tell us if you think you should see a different number of account strategists.
You can inform us of how many users in your company are account strategists by going to the Company details page from your Partners program tab and selecting from the drop-down menu.
3. Associate your Skillshop account with your Google Ads account.
For your Skillshop certifications to count toward the Certification requirement, you will need to link your Google Ads account user email address with your Skillshop account by going to your Skillshop user profile. If you have more than one Skillshop account, ensure you are linking from your Skillshop account that has your Ads certifications. Learn more about how to link and unlink your Google Ads and Skillshop accounts
4. Check the certified users in your Google Partners registered Ads manager account.
The Google Partners Users certifications table shows you the users that count toward your Google Partners Certifications requirement. You will see admin and standard users in your company’s Google Partners registered Ads manager account or any account linked to your company’s manager account, as well as the state of their certifications. Please note if a user has not linked their Google Ads account user email address with their Skillshop account, their certifications will not show in the User certifications table and the user will have a “No” by their email address in the “Linked in Skillshop” column.
You can check your Google Ads certified users by following these directions:
- Log in to your Google Ads account.
- In the left side menu, scroll down to the "Partners program" tab.
- Click on the View Details link in the "Badge status" card to see the "Badge status" table.
- In the "Badge status" table, find the "Certifications status" row and click on View users to see your "User certifications table”.
5. View and update the user access permissions for the users on the Google Partners registered Ads manager account and sub-accounts.
Learn more about how to manage user access levels in your Ads manager account