Linking your Google Ads and Skillshop accounts is the only way to make your individual Skillshop certifications count toward your company’s Google Partner badge. Certifications are one of the requirements for the Google Partner badge, so it’s important to link your Google Ads and Skillshop accounts.
Before you begin
- You’ll need to set up an account on Skillshop. Learn how to set up your Skillshop account
- We recommend linking a single Skillshop account with a single Google Ads user’s account email address.
- If a 2nd Skillshop user tries to link to the same Google Ads user’s account email address, they will get an error and won't be able to link until the original linked user email address is unlinked.
- While a single Skillshop account can be linked to multiple Google Ads users’ accounts email addresses (which will show up as "shared with N other users" in the UI), only one set of certifications will be counted.
- We recommend using your personal email for your Skillshop account and linking to a corporate email in Google Ads. That way, your certifications are still attributed to you as you move companies.
- First, you’ll need to go to the ‘Edit profile’ page of your Skillshop account. You can do this one of two ways:
- You can go to Skillshop and log in. Make sure you log in with your personal Skillshop account (or the account you are using to earn certifications). Click on your profile picture in the top right corner. Then click My Profile. Under your profile picture, click Edit Profile.
- Or you can click this link. Read through why it’s important to link your personal Skillshop account. Then click Next. Then click on the click here link to Log in with your Skillshop credentials and you’ll be taken to your Edit profile page.
- Scroll down to the section "Associate one or more of your Google Ads or YouTube accounts to your Skillshop profile".
- Click Connect to Ads Account.
- Read through the Data Sharing Agreement. Click Accept and continue.
- Log in with or choose the email address you are using to access your Google Ads manager account.
When you log back into your Google Ads account, you should see your updated linking status by going to the User table in the Partners program tab.
Check your linking status
- Log into your Google Ads manager account.
- Click on the Partners program tab in your left navigation bar.
- Click on the View Details link in the Badge status card.
- In the Badge requirements table page, find the Certifications row and click on the the hyperlinked copy under the status.
- Once you are in the Users page you will see a list of users and their linking status.
- Log into your personal Skillshop account. This will take you to your ‘Edit profile’ page.
- Scroll down to the section "Associate one or more of your Google Ads or Youtube accounts to your Skillshop profile".
- Under the Connect to Ads Account button, you’ll see ‘Google Ads’, followed by your email address.
- Click the x [icon], to unlink your account.