While your Transactions page shows you monthly accrued costs for each campaign, you can view daily costs for one or more of your campaigns – or even your entire account – by viewing your billed cost report.
With this report, you can also check your served cost versus your billed cost for each campaign.
- The served cost is the cost of all the clicks or impressions that the campaign received.
- The billed cost is the actual amount that you’re responsible for paying, after adjustments have been made to your account for items like overdelivery, invalid activity, etc.
View daily costs at the campaign or account level from the Transactions page
Sign in to your Google Ads account.
In the navigation bar at the top of your screen, under 'Billing', choose Transactions.
- To view daily costs for a campaign: Make sure that you’re on the 'Detailed transaction view'. For the month you’re interested in, click the campaign name that you want to view daily costs for in the 'Description' column. This takes you to your billed cost report, pre-filtered to show daily costs for that campaign over that month.
- To view daily costs for your account: Make sure that you switch to the 'Summary view' at the top of the 'Transactions' page. For the month that you’re interested in, find the 'Costs' row and click the 'Campaign activity' item in the 'Description' column. This takes you to your Billed cost report, pre-filtered to show daily costs for all your campaigns across your entire account over that month.
View daily costs at the campaign or account level from the Reports page
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the reports icon and click Predefined reports (Dimensions), Other, then Billed cost. By default, you’ll see daily costs for each individual campaign that served ads over the most recent month.
To view daily cost breakdowns for 1 or more campaigns
- Click the filter icon on the right-hand side of the page and choose Budget name. The budget name will correspond to your campaign name as it shows in your Google Ads 'Campaigns' page.
- On the left-hand side of the dialogue box, select the boxes for campaigns that you want to see daily costs for. (You can also search for campaigns and choose from the search results, or if you want to see daily costs for all campaigns, select the box at the top, next to the number of total results.)
- Click Apply.
To view daily cost breakdowns at account level
- Under the table menu to the right, under the 'Row' section, click Budget name.
- Click Delete.
This removes the 'Budget name' column, so your report now shows the daily cost breakdown for your entire account for a given time period.
Customising your report
As with other reports in your Google Ads account, you’ll be able to customise your report in the following ways:
- To adjust the date range: Click the date range in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Rearrange columns:
- To add columns to the table, click Modify columns. Choose from the metrics and dimensions available on the right and add them to your report by clicking the plus icon.
- To remove columns from the table, click on the column you wish to remove in the table menu under the 'Column' section and click Delete.
- To resize a column, click and drag the edge of the column header left or right. Learn more about adding and removing columns
- Sort data: To sort your table, click the header of the column that you want to sort your data by. To reverse the order, click the same header again.
- View the data as a table, pie chart, line chart, bar chart or scatter chart: To switch from one option to another, click the Table drop-down menu in the table menu to the right and select an option.
- Export the data as CSV, Excel, PDF or other formats: Click the download button in the upper right-hand corner.