Maximise clicks: Definition
An automated bid strategy that automatically sets your bids to help get as many clicks as possible within your budget.
- Maximise Clicks is the simplest way to bid for clicks – you set a budget and Google Ads does the rest. You don't need to choose specific bid amounts for your ad groups, keywords or placements.
- With Maximise Clicks, you set a target daily budget and the Google Ads system automatically sets your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) bids on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the most clicks possible within that budget.
- For more control, you can also set bid limits to prevent your bids from being set over that amount. While setting a bid limit offers tighter control, it might restrict your ad position and the number of clicks that your ad receives.
- If at any time you don't like the bid suggestions, you can easily switch to using Manual CPC bidding, which gives you full control to set the bid amounts yourself.
- Maximise Clicks isn't available with the following:
- Display Network campaigns with the marketing objectives 'Engage with content' or App campaigns.
- Bid adjustments based on day and time
- Maximise Clicks was previously referred to as “Automatic bidding”
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?