Starting November 2021, the new Billing activity page will be available in your Google Ads account. This page complements the information provided in the new billing summary page by adding more detailed data, such as a daily activity view.
The billing activity page gives advertisers a new level of transparency by displaying every financial event and its impact on an account’s balance. This makes it possible to track costs and credits in sequence and reconcile with payments. All items are listed by date, categorized by type, and display a clear description.
Details in the "Description" column include the following:
- Taxes and fees: The current month will always show an estimated tax amount as the most recent event in the month (not a daily line item). The estimated tax amount will update daily and display the date range it refers to. Closed months will display the final tax as the last item in the month.
- Promotions: If the current month has an active promotion, the promotion will show as a unique item (not a daily item). In the "Credits "column, the promotional amount available will increase daily until the promo is spent. In previous months, the total that the promotion spent will be shown as one of the month’s final items.
- Adjustments: The type of adjustment and its date range. For any invalid traffic credits that you receive, you'll see an additional line stating the original month of service in which the invalid traffic occurred. You may see more than one line for invalid traffic credits if they correspond to different months of service. You can also click View details to see a campaign breakdown for the invalid traffic credits.
- Payment: This shows the payment type (automatic or manual) and the form of payment used including status (declined, pending, failed, etc.).
- Campaigns: This shows the number of running campaigns.
- Shared budgets: If an account is using shared budgets, they will be displayed separately from campaigns. Click any shared budget to go to the "Shared budgets" page, which will be filtered by the appropriate budget and date range.
The Billing activity page also displays the following columns:
- Clicks: This column lets you match campaign activity to your charges if you pay per click. The number displayed in this column is the number of clicks you would pay for on that specific date. The total cost of these clicks will be shown in the Cost column.
- Impressions: This column lets you match campaign activity to your charges if you pay per impression. The number displayed in this column is the number of impressions you would pay for on that specific date. This column will only include impressions you’re charged for, so numbers you see here may differ from your Campaigns page. (For example, if you’re paying per click, the impressions column will show NA.) The total cost of these impressions will be shown in the Cost column.
- Conversions: This column lets you match campaign activity to your charges if you pay per conversion. The number displayed in this column is the number of conversions you would pay for on that specific date. The total cost of these conversions will be shown in the Cost column.
- Costs: This column shows campaign and shared budgets costs, taxes, and fees.
- Credits: This column shows any payments, promotions, and overdelivery per campaign.
- Running balance: This column shows how each billing activity affects your balance.
The billing activity page will display the last 3 months of an account’s activity. The date range selector in the top right corner allows you to view specific months. You can select up to a 3 month range, from account creation to the current day.