About Discovery campaigns (beta)
You can use Discovery campaigns to help you reach hundreds of millions of customers across popular Google properties, in order to achieve performance goals in Google Ads.
Thanks to Google's audience and customer intent signals, this campaign type helps you deliver highly visual, inspiring personalized ad experiences to people who are ready to discover and engage with your brand — all through a single Google Ads campaign.
This article gives you an overview of Discovery campaigns. To get started, go to Create and manage Discovery campaigns.
Reach your ideal customer at scale with a single campaign. You enter the building blocks for your ads — like headlines, high quality inspirational images and logos — and we'll show your ads to highly interested customers using the cost-per-action (CPA) bid and budget that you set.
Discovery campaigns include the following features:
- Reach more of Google with a single ad campaign. With the ability to reach hundreds of millions of customers on the YouTube Home feed, the Gmail Promotions and Social tabs, and Discover, you can now reach more potential customers as they browse for everything from the latest fashion trends to new cooking recipe videos on popular Google properties.
- Drive engagement with richer, more relevant ads. Thanks to Google's unique understanding of customer intent, you'll be able to show more relevant, meaningful ads to people when they're most interested and ready to learn more about your products and services.
- Visually rich ads rendered natively across Google properties at scale. Designed for discovery as consumers browse their favorite content and feed-based experiences, our ad formats rely on machine learning to build and showcase your assets seamlessly across devices — helping you spark customer interest and action with less effort and time.
- Automated bidding options to meet your media performance goals. You can use Maximize conversions bidding or Target CPA to optimize your campaign bids to meet your media marketing objectives.
When to use
Discovery campaigns may be a good choice for you if:
- You want to drive conversions with your media at scale (through a supported marketing objective): For example, you can use Discovery ads to drive sales, newsletter signups, or more website visits.
- You want to reach new customers with your media: By sharing visually rich, inspiring brand creative across popular feed-based Google properties, Discovery campaigns can help you drive interest from potential customers when they're open to trying new brands.
- You want to reconnect with your most valuable customers: As consumers return over time to find content on the Google properties that they enjoy, Discovery campaigns give you more opportunities to drive action from people who know your brand best and are most likely to engage with it again — whether they've previously visited your website or previously made a purchase.
To be eligible to set up a Discovery campaign, you'll need to meet the following requirements:
Several campaign settings, like bidding and targeting, are automated for Discovery campaigns to save you time and help your campaign deliver optimal performance based on the marketing objective, bid and budget that you choose. In addition, there are some features that aren't supported by this campaign type. When using Discovery campaigns, you won't be able to adjust the following settings:
- Manual bid strategies
- Delivery method
- Device targeting
- Placement targeting (including exclusions)
- Frequency capping
- Ad rotation
- Contextual targeting